What the industry said: Tanker Shipping & Trade Conference and Awards 2016:
In November 2016 the Tanker Shipping & Trade Conference & Awards underlined its status as the industry’s premier event for professionals engaged in tanker shipping and trade.
This was confirmed by the high turnout, diversity/seniority of attendees and record industry support and sponsorship.
Once again this two-day conference brought professionals from across the entire tanker shipping and trade globally to London to discuss the commercial, operational and technical issues impacting the business.
Several new elements were introduced into the conference programme. This included the use of a web-based programme that allowed delegates to ask questions and participate in online polls.
- Packed breakfast briefings on the crude, product and chemical segments
- Owner/operator industry leader forums.
- Vetting and the charterer relationship assessed
- Inside the tank: best practice in tank coating, cleaning and inspection
- Case studies on safety and chemical tanker operations
- Ship-to-ship transfer
- Regulatory roundup including ballast water and fuel operations
- Decoding the polar code / effective ice operations
- Outstanding networking opportunities including lunches and cocktail receptions
- The industry’s most credible awards programme
- Sold-out industry exhibition with suppliers from across the tanker shipping and trade supply chain
View the conference handbook.
Photos and videos
View all 2014 photos here
'Probably the best conference I attend all year. I feel that the topics and the freshness of the approach are great. I am proud to be associated with it'.
Mark Cameron, chief operating officer, Ardmore Shipping
'Time and money well spent. To meet the number of people I met in one morning [here at the conference] I would have had to spend five times more time and money. The people who matter are here. This is one conference I would not like to miss'.
Vijay Rangroo, Managing Director MTM Ship Management
'Top class. High standards'.
Karan Mallya, vessel manager, Zodiac Maritime Ltd
'Well balanced. Interesting topics. Good contacts'.
Lorenz Weinstabl, chief executive officer, Atlantis Tankers Ltd
'Excellently arranged and organised'.
Dr Carl Hunter, chief executive officer and managing director, Coltraco Ltd
'Informative. Professional. And a networking bonanza'.
Gordon Cooper, business development, FutureCare Inc
'Enjoyable and enlightening'.
Graham Candy, customer account manager, UK Ship Register
'Again a useful and content rich event'.
Ruud Cogels, president and chief executive officer, MariFlex Pump Services BV